It’s interesting to follow debates about The Walkmen. I say the band’s later albums (You & Me, Lisbon, Heaven) are superior to the early ones (Everyone Who Pretended to Like Me is Gone, Bows + Arrows, A Hundred Miles Off). Those who believe oppositely won’t be fond this playlist, but for better or worse, they are my Walkmen picks, meant to be played in order. Naturally, “The Rat” caps it off — usually the last song played at concerts — and I kick it off with “In the New Year”, which is not only my favorite Walkmen song but one of my favorite songs of all time.
2. Juveniles. Lisbon, 2010.
3. Louisiana. A Hundred Miles Off, 2006.
4. Line by Line. Heaven, 2012.
5. Song for Leigh. Heaven, 2012.
6. Nightingales. Heaven, 2012.
7. Heaven. Heaven, 2012.
8. Red Moon. You & Me, 2008.
9. Stranded (Live). Lisbon, 2010.
10. The Rat (Live). Bows + Arrows, 2004.